Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cherry Chip Cookies

Have you ever had those days where you just feel like you fall short?  I had one of those this week.  I had a less than perfect day on Wednesday.  Work was challenging and dinner was looming.  My attitude was poor and my communication with my family was not exactly pleasant.  After dinner, I felt a little guilty  so I decided to make cookies. It is amazing what a cookie can do.  My family loves cookies and I am sorry to say that I do not make them as often as I should.  Cookies can say, "I am thinking of you!" or "I am sorry for not listening!"  or "I am really trying to be a better mom!" or  whatever else you might be feeling bad about that day.  Here is a cookie that is easy and my family loves.  They are great to make when you have extra teens at your home that you did not anticipate. 
     Cherry Chip Cookies:
     1 Cherry Chip cake mix
     1/2 cup of flour
     1/3 cup of oil
     3 eggs
     Mix well.  Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
This receipe was shared with our family by an amazing lady who is actually famous for them. She often times had 15 to 20 extra teens at her home.  She would make several batches to make sure that everyone was happy.  My kids were often part of those extra teens.  I think of her example and kindness each time I bake them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment